The interview given by Russian President Vladimir Putin to Tucker Carlson, one of the leading journalists of the US, has made a worldwide impact.
It is worth underlining a few points about this important interview:
1. The defeat in Ukraine has caused new cracks in the Western bloc. There are ongoing debates about who will pay the price.
Kremlin is of course aware of this. When evaluated as a whole, Putin’s decision to give an interview and the messages in it can be considered as a move to deepen the contradictions in the Western bloc.
2. The interview opens a breach in the Western propaganda system. The arguments of Carlson on why he wanted to make such an interview with Putin show that the propaganda machine of the West is not working as it used to.
3. The interview stresses the claim that the US is not governed by the government but by institutions, particularly the CIA. There are messages about the contradictions within the USA, with a “deep state” implication.
4. Putin calls on European countries to get out of US influence and to negotiate. There are messages about the contradictions between the US and Europe.
5. The message to the Western peoples is: “Your governments are responsible for the war”.
6. The thesis that “after the collapse of the Soviet Union, the West deceived Russia and did not allow it to become a part of it” is voiced again.
7. Putin explicates the idea that Ukraine cannot survive in its current form.
8. Putin tells that the cooperation between Russia and China is not directed against the West.
9. Putin says that the course towards multipolarity cannot be reversed.
10. It is emphasized that the dollar hegemony can no longer be sustained.
11. The Kremlin does not want a complete rupture from the West.
Before the upcoming US elections, we will see more clearly the effects of Putin’s calls for talks on the Western world.